Basquetebol Saulzoir
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-21%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, Collection Botanique
39.59 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

Qu'est devenue PATOU ?

4 participants

Page 4 sur 5 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant

Qu'est devenue PATOU ? - Page 5 Empty Playoffs BLOG

Message  Patou Ven 26 Oct 2012, 13:56

Just see here the Finals BLOG including the last articles and the Championship Celebration Gallery => http://www.wnba.com/playoffs/2012/playoff_blog_2012.html

Patou
Patou

https://www.facebook.com/#!/patou.ferrari.3

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Qu'est devenue PATOU ? - Page 5 Empty Lady In Lyon

Message  Patou Lun 05 Nov 2012, 20:56

Greetings all you Connecticut Sun Fans !
I pray all is well with you after weathering Hurricane Sandy !
I hope that the aftermath wasn't too much for you all to handle, and if so, I encourage you to stand strong and keep pushing.
All things work for good !!!
No matter how it looks! I remember going through Hurricane Ike when I was playing for the Houston Comets !!!
Amazing how the simplest things can be the biggest pains when you don't have them…running water being one of them !
However, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!!!

So while all of you were dealing with Mother Nature, I have been across the pond in the “Land of Lyon.”
I currently am playing for Lyon Basket Feminine in France !
I have been here for two weeks now and I do have a lot to share with you all !
The question is, where exactly do I start ?
Before we get to the basketball aspect of my life; I'd like to share some of my inner workings of living overseas.

Interior Decorating
I have signed a three year contract with this team, so I decided it was time to invest in some home furnishings. You have to realize that as a traveling athlete, we don't always get the best of situations when it comes to a place to live.
I'm sure if you are Sue Bird, Lauren Jackson, Tina Charles or any other "Megastar" in the basketball field, their place is really nice.
HOWEVER, that is not ALWAYS the case !!!!
So I got a place that was "workable."
That's all I can say. I have been taught if I don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all !

The positive side of this all is that just down the road about 10 minutes is an enormous IKEA !!!!
My creative juices always start flowing in that place, and I always believe I have a future in interior design after 20 minutes of brainstorming !
Anywhoo, I decided on black, white and teal for my color palate.
You'll also have to imagine some stained wood as well !
We shall call it 'Toasted Almond.'
Don't you just love that name for a color ? Sounds appetizing !

I obviously went 100 percent and just got everything I wanted !!!
I figure if you do something, why not commit completely ?
That's my theory to life.
If you're going to do something, give it your all or save yourself some time and don't even start !
So after five days of shopping, six hours of work in assembling, and another couple of hours for cleaning, I can say I'm VERY happy with the results.
So happy in fact, that I smile at the thought of going home !
Something about being comfortable and calm in your own space !
It's been a while since I have felt like that !

Some interior shots of the apartment =>
- http://instagram.com/p/RbBEyCtR3z/
- http://www.wnba.com/sun/lady__lyon_2012_11_05.html

Big City Living
I live in the third largest city in France, which is actually known as the original "City of Lights."
About 1.5 million people live here, and there is a lot to do and so much to see !
HOWEVER, I don't like big cities…I only like to VISIT them !!!
Oh the traffic ! Oh the busy-ness ! Oh the noise ! I just can't cope !!! I am a small town girl and I like the quiet and quaintness of more intimate cities !
Just to be able to go outside and sit on my porch and enjoy a hot cup of Dammann Tea and a book without the honk of a horn, or smells of car fumes would be nice !
I guess that is why I didn't mind living in Connecticut this past summer !
All the trees, all the green land, the ocean breezes in Watch Hill, R.I., and the amazing views of Mohegan Sun while driving over the bridge.
I really just enjoy nature, and that is something big cities just cannot do for me !
I guess it’s my inner hippie ! (Smile).

Excuse Me ? We Are Wearing What ???
So in the Land of Lyon, in the world of basketball, my team believes it is important for us athletes to keep our femininity.
So what says femininity like a dress ?
I would completely agree !
There is nothing more attractive than for a woman to wear a dress that accentuates every great part about her body !
The female body is a work of art and should be honored with things that enhance its beauty !
HOWEVER, on the basketball court ?!?!?!?
I am not so sure I buy into the idea of strutting my stuff in a made-for-Serena-Williams tennis type dress.
Not only do we not play tennis, but none of us have a body like Serena (or her “assets”) to really and truly pull this off !
What's even funnier is that the man who designs her dresses is the same one who designs ours !!!!
Well, I suppose it doesn't really matter what I think because we ARE wearing them !

I actually had a friend ask me if I felt too "girly" on the court while playing in my dress.
She felt like if she were to wear it, she couldn't be as aggressive or get into the right mindset to play basketball.
Truth be told, I thought the exact same thing before I got on the court !
I found myself primping a little bit more than usual, and debating if I should wear knee high socks or low socks to show my legs.
LOL ! Yes, I actually just shared that information !
It's just the inner workings of me - enjoy! However, when I got on the court, my mindset was exactly where it was suppose to be !
I have to admit, wearing the spandex uniforms last year probably prepared me for the dresses this year.
The only thing that really bothers me is the length of my skirt – it’s a bit too long !
When I go in for a lay-up I feel the tension of the skirt stretching.
I believe I may have to make some alterations and take it up an inch or two - RISQUE !!!
I'm sure the fans won't be devastated by two more inches of skin !!!
How could they be ?

The best part of all of this is that we are winning !
We are currently tied for second place with three other teams !
Last week we beat Bourges which is HUGE in the basketball world !
They are the POWERHOUSE in France and are great contenders in Euroleague !
Not to mention, they have three silver medalists from last summer’s Olympic Games !!!
So that should show you all how AWESOME it was to take that game !!!
The score was 44-43.
Though the score looks like it was quite boring, it was exactly the opposite.
It was a war, and we scratched and clawed our way to the win !
It's true what they say…rebounding wins games.
That was how it ended; they missed a free throw and we closed it out with a defensive rebound.
We won the rebounding battle by 1.

I hope you all have enjoyed my first blog of this off-season and I encourage you all to check in with me weekly on the Connecticut Sun Website! Don't forget to follow me @MzMims8 on Twitter and Follow my team and our progress throughout the season at www.BasketLFB.com and http://www.lyonbasketfeminin.fr .

Until Next Time...
Mistie Mims

http://www.wnba.com/sun/lady__lyon_2012_11_05.html
Patou
Patou

Qu'est devenue PATOU ? - Page 5 Empty Around the World : Five Things To Know !

Message  Patou Dim 09 Déc 2012, 18:44

Les joueuses de la WNBA parties en compétition dans diverses ligues du monde entier, découvrez les cinq choses de WNBA.com à savoir, pour suivre vos joueuses préférées de WNBA.

Lire ici =>
http://www.wnba.com/news/five_things_120512.html

Dernière édition par Patou le Dim 09 Déc 2012, 19:11, édité 1 fois
Patou
Patou

Qu'est devenue PATOU ? - Page 5 Empty Offseason 2012-13 Overseas Rosters.

Message  Patou Dim 09 Déc 2012, 19:03

Patou
Patou

Qu'est devenue PATOU ? - Page 5 Empty Maya Moore scores 60 points in WCBA game (China league) !

Message  Patou Dim 09 Déc 2012, 19:10

Patou
Patou

Qu'est devenue PATOU ? - Page 5 Empty WNBA : de nouvelles règles instaurées la saison prochaine.

Message  Patou Ven 14 Déc 2012, 13:42

La WNBA indique que de nouvelles règles seront instaurées la saison prochaine :

. Il s'agira en premier lieu de sanctionner le flopping offensif des joueuses qui simuleront une faute lorsque leur équipe sera en phase offensive. Les arbitres pourront utiliser la vidéo.
Pendant les matchs de pré-saison, un avertissement sera donné à une joueuse qui commettra un acte de flopping.
Les violations suivantes seront passibles d'amendes dont le montant ira en augmentant et, à partir de la 6ème violation, cette joueuse sera soumise à une amende encore plus élevée et/ou à une suspension.
La WNBA annoncera à une date ultérieure un ensemble distinct de sanctions en cas de flopping, qui s'appliqueront pendant les plays-offs.

. En deuxième lieu, une joueuse qui sera restée plus de 3 secondes dans la raquette en tant que défenseur, sera sanctionnée par une faute technique donnant lieu à un lancer franc accordé à l'équipe attaquante, qui conservera ensuite la possession de la balle par une remise en jeu.

. Enfin, la ligne des 3pts sera reculée de 50cm et passera de 6,25 m à 6,75 m, conformément à la réglementation FIBA.

Dernière édition par Patou le Ven 14 Déc 2012, 22:26, édité 1 fois
Patou
Patou

Qu'est devenue PATOU ? - Page 5 Empty Maya Moore Making Mark in China.

Message  Patou Ven 14 Déc 2012, 20:34

Maya Moore has excelled everywhere she's played, winning championships from college to the WNBA and Europe. Now she's leaving her mark on the Chinese women's basketball league.
Averaging 45 points a game for the Shanxi Flame, Moore has helped bring new fans to the women's game in a basketball crazed nation.

" They show maybe five NBA games a week here " Moore told The Associated Press in a phone interview.
" They get a good amount of coverage and people love it. We are starting to get a little more interest about our game."

The NBA long has seen China as a place for huge growth.
Maya Moore is averaging 45 points per game in China. It was evident at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 with the basketball games sold out and the contest between the U.S. men and China having nearly 100 million viewers.
With Europe still feeling the effects of the financial downturn, China's competitive salaries and shorter season have made it one of the top destinations for the world's elite women basketball players.

The former UConn star is earning mid-six figures, which is on a par with European salaries.
While most European leagues go from October to May, China only plays till February.
This will give Moore time to rest before the Minnesota Lynx open training camp in May.
It also will provide the young face of women's basketball the opportunity to participate at the WNBA All-Star Game in February and be around for the women's Final Four.

Besides Moore, the talent is improving throughout the league.
Tamika Catchings, Elizabeth Cambage, Sophia Young and Jayne Appel are all playing this year.
Swin Cash has played there in the past.

" I think it's been a good introduction for a lot of the fans seeing some of the Olympic level women over here " Moore said.
" To see the talent it's been I think very surprising thing for the fans. Interest will continue to spark more of a demand for players and the basketball level will rise. This area of the world will continue to want basketball even more, elevating that market."

The WNBA has taken notice of the recent boom in China.
" We know the sport of basketball is on the rise in China and the WNBA has already had great success on the international stage " WNBA president Laurel Ritchie said.
" I am really encouraged that there are now many more millions of people around the globe, including China, who know what the WNBA is all about. We've exposed more people to the game, to the players, to the story both on and off the court... and this will only help grow our league both domestically and abroad."

While Moore has definitely brought interest with her play, Catchings has tried to mentor her teammates.
" I think my approach is probably different than the approach of some of the younger players " Catchings said in an email to The Associated Press.
" I feel like my job is to teach my teammates how I play and how to have fun doing it."

It didn't take long for Moore to endear herself to her new team.
Moore, the first woman basketball player to be signed by the Jordan brand, gave a pair of yellow and red sneakers to each of her teammates.

Then she started playing and the team only has lost once since. Moore introduced herself to the Chinese fans almost immediately with a 60 point performance in her third game, which just happened to be nationally televised.

" The game was against one of the army teams," Moore said.
" They don't have a foreigner and they are very prideful. The first quarter I was in a zone feeling good. I hit seven 3's in the first quarter. It gave me a jump start on the 60. "

Moore was hard-pressed to remember ever scoring close to that before. She had 48 in high school and 48 was her college best.

Connecticut and Olympic coach Geno Auriemma wasn't surprised by his former star's success.
" Maya is Maya," he said. " Her scoring that many points isn't a real shock. She can really do whatever she wants."

Basketball has been the easy part for Moore since coming over to China. Communicating with teammates has taken a little more work with up to four languages being spoken in team huddles.

" It's pretty comical," Moore said laughing. " I speak English, one of my teammates is Korean. That's two languages. Two of our coaches are Spanish, one is the Spanish national team head coach. The first couple days I was there my head was spinning."

On the court, there don't seem to be many communication issues. The team uses hand signals, numbers, and Moore said she learned some basic words to get through.

" I'm getting better, I know about 10 words so far, I'm learning new ones every day " she said.

Moore also has a personal assistant assigned by the team to help her with basics like grocery shopping and getting around.

" I think the success to your playing overseas really relies heavily on your translator and how well the team is able to help you adjust to them and being in a foreign country " said Catchings, who also has spent time playing in Korea. " It's definitely an adjustment. Your team and the organization becomes your family while you are over here."

Moore, who played in Spain last winter, also has had the benefit of having her mom with her. She came over in October and has spent most of the first two months in China, including Thanksgiving. The two have been put up in a "western-style" hotel for the four-month season.

" It's really been great having her around and she'll be here for Christmas " Moore said.
" She's experiencing China herself."

Among the things Moore has learned to appreciate while being in China are some of the freedom she has in the U.S.

" It's kind of hard not having unrestricted Internet " she said. " There's certain things you can't view. Certain liberties you don't have. YouTube, Twitter, things like that. There are certain social medial sites. You're so used to having access to whatever we need. It's different that way."

Associated Press
Patou
Patou

Qu'est devenue PATOU ? - Page 5 Empty Tomorrow's Stars.

Message  Patou Lun 07 Jan 2013, 23:30

The hype surrounding the 2013 WNBA Draft class – which includes three game-changing prospects in Baylor’s Brittney Griner, Delaware's Elena Delle Donne and Notre Dame’s Skylar Diggins, all currently playing for their respective colleges – is at an all-time high as all three have the potential to immediately make a substantial impact on a franchise. Each week, WNBA.com will update you with what each of these players is doing for their respective schools as it's never to early for WNBA fans to start following some of the future stars of this league.

What a week it was our for these three game-changing prospects. All in all, the trio combined to play in seven games. They won all seven. And, while Notre Dame's Skylar Diggins and Baylor's Brittney Griner combined to win their four games by an average of 51 points -- yes, 51 -- it was actually Delaware's Elena Delle Donne, winner of three games, that had the best week of all. Read more below.

http://www.wnba.com/features/tomorrows_stars5_12_29.html
Patou
Patou

Qu'est devenue PATOU ? - Page 5 Empty Katie Douglas, opérée de la cheville et "out" pour 6 à 8 semaines.

Message  Patou Mer 09 Jan 2013, 19:59

En novembre dernier, Katie Douglas n'avait pu passer favorablement sa visite médicale d'embauche avec le club polonais de Cracovie en raison de sa blessure à la cheville dont elle avait été victime lors du match 3 de la finale de conférence Est WNBA, face à Connecticut.

La franchise d'Indiana Fever a annoncé que l'ailière américaine venait de se faire opérer de la cheville et qu'elle devrait observer une période de repos durant 6 à 8 semaines.
Lors de cette l'intervention, les chirurgiens ont réparé son tendon d'achille et enlevé le cartilage osseux qui s'était arraché.

Patou
Patou

Qu'est devenue PATOU ? - Page 5 Empty Tomorrow's Stars.

Message  Patou Dim 10 Fév 2013, 21:51

Patou
Patou

Qu'est devenue PATOU ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Qu'est devenue PATOU ?

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 4 sur 5 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant